PLASY

 

 

Late 17th century        Written mention of iron production in Plasy

1826                   Klemens von Metternich, Prince of Metternich-Winneburg zu Beilstein (1773–1859), purchases the Plasy estate from the Religious Fund 

1827–1829         Construction of the ironworks, consecrated in the name of Saint Clement in 1829

1872                   Rokycany burgher Gustav Haase leases the ironworks from Prince Richard von Metternich. The ironworks are damaged by a major flood that same year

1875                   Foundry shuts down   

1963                   Ironworks are declared an industrial heritage site (JMl)

 

 

Clemenshütte – St. Clement Ironworks