KOMÁROV

 

 

Mid-16th century First written mention of an ironworks in the Komárov region

Before 1602       Komárov ironworks is part of the Pešík estate

By 1623             Owned by the noble family Otta z Losů

By 1685             Ironworks among the assets of the Martinic family

1685                   The Komárov estate comes into the possession of Count Wrbna and becomes part of the Horowitz estate (hence in later years the ironworks is described as the “Horowitz” or “Horschowitz” ironworks)

1792–1823         Count Rudolph Wrbna (1761–1823) takes over management of the ironworks. New technology is introduced, iron production is increased, and art casting is developed

1829                   Participates in and wins first place at the third industrial exhibition in Prague       

1831                   Participates in and wins first place at the fourth industrial exhibition in Prague

1835                   Participates in and wins first place at the General Austrian Trades Exhibition in Vienna

1836                   Casts the Russian memorial commemorating the Battle of Kulm (1813) erected near Přestanov, a village near Teplice. Dominik Zafouk was the sculptor.

1852                   The Horowitz estate and Komárov ironworks is purchased by Prince Wilhelm von Hanau-Horowitz. An ironworking school and museum were established during his tenure.

1891                   Participates in the Prague Jubilee Exhibition. After the end of the exhibition, the Hanau Pavilion (Hanavský Pavilon), which originally housed the Komárov cast iron exhibit, was donated to the City of Prague. In 1895 the pavilion was relocated to Letná Park, where it remains to this day

1902                   The ironworks is purchased by the Vienna-based C. T. Petzold company

1919                   The Komárov ironworks becomes a joint-stock company with production focused on enamelled cast-iron tubs and rollers

1921                   The last coal-fired blast furnace is shut down

1935                   Takes over the production of mill machinery from Pardubice; the ironworks and foundry transforms into an engineering company

1949                   The company is renamed Buzuluk Komárov

1952                   Takes over production of rubber industry machinery from Svit Gottwaldov

1950s                 Manufacture of mill machinery returns to Pardubice; Buzuluk is made part of Západočeské strojírny a slévárny, the state-owned engineering and foundry holding based in Hořovice

1960                   Launch of operations at the renovated foundry

1989                   Buzuluk becomes an independent state-owned company

1992                   Established as a joint-stock company

1996                   Buzuluk is made part of ČGS a.s., a Czech rubber holding

2012                   Buzuluk is purchased by Dalian Co Ltd. China (JMl)

 

 

Hanau Pavilion in Prague (1891)